Saturday, August 6, 2011

In hawaian mythology it was said that Maui was a man who's job was daily to draw the sun to this island everyday.

In hawaian mythology it was said that Maui was a man who's job was daily to draw the sun to this island everyday.  In the bible it said that the son of God is draws man to himself. (John 12:32)

I think following Jesus Christ takes faith. Faith that everyday it isn't my job to draw the sun to man, that I need a mind set shift, change, or revelation that its not wholey up to me to in a sense hold Jesus by the hand, drag him down from the right hand of the Father and introduce Him to the lost.

In the bible I am begining to understand that God's heart is always for the lost. And He is drawing man to himself (and has always been). 
  So what makes me think I can do a better job than God?
(A saying not easily said for someone like me who is an passionate advocate for Christ)

  But this morning as I was watching the sunrise on the beautiful island of Maui, I began to understand that it is because of Christ in our daily lives and our submissive way to the Holy Spirit the lost will have and see the beautuy of the son risen in us here on earth. 

  A contagious fire.

That it isn't by works that will draw people to God, it is simply God living in us. 
  That I think is the beauty of following Jesus Christ.  Everything else will follow after. 

That the more I find myself indulging, plunging, and submitting my whole being to the will of God; the more I find myself passionate in everything I do, full of color, and full of life. 

And I think that is why when we die to self, we are risen new; with Christ to draw people to God through the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, and that my friend will shine brighter than the stars.

august 6, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment