Monday, August 8, 2011

Slumdog Hotel

  Tonight after church I spent my late night hours at the Four Seasons Hotel, in the jacuzzi right next to the beach, right next to a 12 ft. fountain of water blasting into the clear stary night sky.  As rich people sipped on their expensive wine and smiled as they passed by. 
 
  Out of all the conversations my friends and I had; like talks about Dinosaurs still being alive, Dolphins beig able create air bubbles and toss them like a game, and zip lining sunburnt; one of the words someone said stook out to me the most. 
 
  My friend had just came back from India (where the people look like from Slumdog Millionare), so she was explaining the cultural diffrences, poverty, hardships etc., of that trip she experinced to my other friend.  And she said despite the fact that most Indian people don't have anything they are some of the happiest, relational people she has met.  (well most of them where the christian ones)

 But as she was speaking I had a realization that the biggest diffrence between most rich and poor people is that rich people just have more materilistic crap.  That the more money people have, most of the time means they have more junk. 

  And now the question is, what kind of junk do you spend with your money? 

  For me a personal conviction has struck home with not spending money on no more junk.  As a person that follows Christ I think we should be amazing inverstors and stewarts of what we have been given. 
 
  I think our mindsets should change from "what I can get" to "what can I give".  And I'm not saying to give stupidly, but to use wisdom, heck to ask God what to do with what we have. 
  Time, money, strength is the Lords.  So why not ask Him what to do with it instead on buying that new thing that looks cool that you kinda like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment