Saturday, August 20, 2011

Men's Camp in Keanae 17-20 Aug. 2011

  I just got back from 3 days of camping with the Maui Men's Ministry of God.  Before I left my dad asked where I was going and I said camping at a men's camp.  He said in a confused pigeon tone "why only going get men, what kind camp that?"  (Implying that camping should never be with just a group of guys)
  But I told him the purpose of the camp was to encourage, build up, and pray for the island of Maui with the men who live in it. 

  So there was 135 guys in all.  The theme of the camp was "Living Waters".  The common word was that the God that created the universe lives in us as christians.  And that we have the power to release that power to others in prayer for healing, casting out deamons, encounters with the holy spirit, etc. 
 
And that privilege comes through Jesus dying on the cross.  That once and for all Jesus made us full and holy in exchange for His death as He took what we deserved on the cross as He died. 
  We no longer are slaves to sin.  We are made righteous and holy through the payment of Jesus sacrifice. 

  Other than that everyday in the beautiful camp site of Keanae, I still had allergies, I got by misquitos at night, and I had thoughts of my comfortable bed at night laying on plastic matresses on the ground.

  One of my favorite parts of the camp was the unity we had with the different parts of the chruch body represented.  Together we had quality conversations, four star meals, and one million dollar view of the gorgeous island of Maui. 
  Many got healed of past hurts, fears, and old ways of thinking. 

As for me my mind is being renewed even now, trying to make sense of all that happened, soaking in all the words that was said, and trying to gain new fresh living understanding of the word of God. 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment