Thursday, September 15, 2011

Missions on Maui: September 15, 2011

  I decided to start writting about all the oppotunities that I have been giving since being here on Maui to make an impact for the Kingdom of God. 

Today around 11a.m. I heard a knock on my door and was greeted by three men dressed in fancy suits and slick hair. 
 
  They started talking to me about "the name of God", "Jehova".  They seemed really keen on making their statement that this name Jehova is the only name of God. 

I asked them if they served a name, or did they really serve God the creator of everything that exsists. 

  They ignored me and kept to their tightly practiced presentation using the "New World Translation" bible, showing me how their bible is diffrent from the rest.

I talked about Jesus Christ and the miracles and how He talked about the Kingdom of God is at hand.  They just ignored me and told me that Jesus was some kind of side character from the real God Jehova. 

  I smiled and nodded at the things they said for the next 25+ minutes. 

One thing I learned today is that I need to be more equiped in the word of God, knowing how to be a contender in the faith using scripture in context, truthfully, and in power of the Holy spirit to help and guide people in love. 

  I was really convicted today that I wasn't to share fully the hope that is within me through the scriptures, just as these Jehova Witnesses were.  These Jehova Witnesses were bible surfing all over, as I sat patiently quite and tilted by head sideways. 

  My prayer today is for a deep hunger and thirst for the scriptures.  And that as I study the scriptures I will be abel to share with others the deep truth and power of the word of God.  (In context with authority, passion, and conviction)

No comments:

Post a Comment