Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thought for Today: September 22, 2011

Today I heard God in the silence. 

I didn't have to do anything special. 

All I did was tune out the noise of this world.

And I turned off every distraction. 



I was reminded of all the things I have gone through in life. 

People, places, and experiences.

And was reminded of all that I have been through. 

My mind said "Did all that really happen?"


Kinda confused because all I wanted to do by this time is make some lunch.

That when I turned evey noise off, I began to hear more. 

And instead of turning back on the noise of myself.

I reflected on the word of God. 


All my thoughts, all my hearts desires.

I said "God make them yours."

And within that very hour. 

All the noise of myself and the world became quite. 


It's hard to explain what intamcy with Jesus looks like. 

Its has to be an experince. 

Because when I spent time with Jesus today.

Nothing on t.v., radio, friends, or my life, mattered. 


Have you ever done that?

Spent hours upon hours struggling with yourself and the noises of life?

It can be very frustrating, confusing, and feel like a complete waste of time. 

But perservere with the help of Jesus and you'll find some really valuable lessons to be learned. 








No comments:

Post a Comment