Monday, September 12, 2011

"Rudolf Came to Maui"

Last night after the victorious drive home from an epic day, cruzing past the gultch after Haiku, on the straight road heading to the land of gypsies.  The eighth wonder of the world happend to me. 

  Rudolf came to hawaii and gave me a present that no jobless person should ever recieve. 

Going 40 m.p.h. (aka. 60 k.p.h.) on the straight beautiful serene road as blankets of stars cover me and the full moon tells me g'day mate. 
 
In an instant a 150+ pound full grown male deer leaps like a ballerina waiting only to be catched by the front hood of my car. 

  A BIG THUMP, as the deer gracefully does three backflips and one side flip 12 feet away from where he once thought of landing. 

As "Shareese" my 2000 Toyota Corolla has now suffred a badly damaged front cave in of the hood, lights, bumber, and not to mention her dignity. 


At the same time Rudolf the giant deer leeps back up, "N.B.D." he says to taunt me, and tries running away to escape me from turning him into some kind of filopino dish. 

  More than stunned of what just happend the only thing I can think of is how everyone that I'm passing by on the way back to Kahului thinks I'm a horrible driver. 

At least that is what I was thinking. 


(thank you, no, rudolf)

1 comment: